Friday, June 05, 2015

Customer Service Success and Failure

Somethings work, some things don't.  I think I can report on which is which and which company makes a good faith effort.

2015
Fail: CapitalOne Credit Cards- Just trying to call in to activate a card.  Had to go through 3 advertisements for some other service.  This use to take 30 seconds. They turned in into a 3 minute ordeal before I hung up.  Won't be signing up for more of their cards.

2014
Success: The auto insurance system.  Got rear ended by a 20'ish driver.  The system worked.  We got picked up by a tow truck. Taken to a garage.  They wanted to do the work but the insurance company, Commerce Insurance, let me find someone I preferred.  I took the list they gave me and Angie's list and found one with a good Angie's rating not too far from home.  It took a while but it got done right.  The other driver's company was also very good.  Got my rental car at Enterprise without problems and they covered all the days.  It took a little back and forth but not that much.

2014
Fail: BoxxTech.  Very nice computers but customer support is pretty bad.  After I liked one I bought another for my wife.   But now the battery on the original one failed and it also can't overclock.  So I guess I'm not high on the computers either.

Andy