Thursday, July 08, 2021

Replacing the regulator on my Grill

 After a recent tank change, my three-year-old Nexgrill lost it’s umph.  The flames were on, but it was barely hot enough to cook anything.    I took the grate and heat plates out and lit it up.  The first burner went fine, the second went fine, but when I lit the third, all three dropped in intensity to almost nothing.  I swapped in a new full tank and tried again.  This time it died after lighting the fourth burner.  A little searching suggested that the regulator might have failed and is going into a safety mode due to low pressure.   Amazon delivered a generic replacement in two days, and it took only a minute to swap in the replacement with a 3/4 inch wrench.   What do you know: problem solved.

Generic Regulator used as a replacment

Here's the hose being attached


 
Here's the regulator where it's screwed to the tank.